Application deadline is September 30, 2019.
Or download JLSB 2019-20 Project Application (due 09.30.19) and email the completed application to Project@jlsouthbend.org
The Junior League of South Bend, Inc. is committed to improving communities through the effective action and leadership of women. JLSB provides trained volunteers and funding to support a local not-for-profit agency project that provides meaningful volunteer opportunities for our members and measurable long term positive impacts on the community.
- Project applications must be submitted by September 30, 2019.
- Each application will be reviewed by the Community Research Committee to ensure it meets all of the criteria listed below.
- During this time, applicants will receive ongoing communications from the Community Research Committee including an application acknowledgment and periodic status updates. Applicants should also expect inquiries regarding additional project details from the Community Research Committee as needed.
- Project selection will occur in November with a formal announcement at Holiday Ball in December.
- The project planning and implementation will begin in following May.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants must have a 501(C)(3) tax designation.
- Applicants must submit Not-For-Profit Certification with the application.
- Applicants must submit Audited Financial Statements with the application.
- Projects must fulfill 3 out of 4 of the following components:
- Utilizes JLSB volunteers
- Requires JLSB financial commitment
- Accepts JLSB’s assistance in the development of the project
- Allows a JLSB Member to serve as a Board Member for the duration of the commitment
Each application will be reviewed by the Community Research Committee and evaluated on the following criteria:
- COMMUNITY NEED AND IMPACT
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITUES
- FINANCIALS & ACCOUNTABILITY
Community Project Proposal Application – Please apply here and complete and submit this short application or email the completed application to email@example.com for your not-for-profit agency’s consideration by September 30, 2019.