The Junior League of South Bend’s Done-In-A-Day (DIAD) program provides a dedicated group of Junior League members to selected projects with volunteer support to ensure completion and success of the events involved.
Junior League is focused on supporting new and on-going projects and events that positively impact our community. If your nonprofit organization is limited in achieving your goals due to lack of women power, but can be developed in a one-day project and your target is to create and/or strengthen South Bend’s sense of community involvement, your organization could benefit from partnering with us.
- Requests for DIAD volunteers are for events or projects taking place between August 15 and following May 1. Requests for late submissions will be given special consideration when possible.
- Each application will be reviewed by the DIAD Committee to ensure it meets all criteria listed below.
- JLSB reserves the right to evaluate and accept applications based on DIAD guidelines, the JLSB membership calendar and JLSB members’ schedules.
- The chair of the DIAD Committee will notify applicants within 30 days whether or not the DIAD Committee can/will provide the requested volunteers.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Project must state clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Project must take place within JLSB’s membership area.
- Project may not involve fundraising for your organization or concern political or religious matters. Volunteers will not be provided for administrative needs.
- JLSB’s DIAD applications are requests for volunteers or donated items such as canned goods, toiletries, holiday gifts, etc.
- Applicants/agencies agree to coordinate all marketing and public relations efforts involving a DIAD project with JLSB’s Communications Vice President. All promotional materials, which include our name and logo, should be approved by the President and Communications Vice President prior to use. Applicants agree to give JSLB appropriate sponsor credit by including the JLSB name and logo on advertising, flyers, brochures and other materials created to advertise the event or project.
- Applicants/agencies agree to highlight JLSB’s DIAD project in agency newsletter following completion and send a copy to Community VP and DIAD Chair.