We appreciate your interest in becoming a member of the Junior League of South Bend. (JLSB) and we welcome you to join us! For more than 75 years, JLSB has been both a powerful organization of trained women volunteers and a vital part of the community philanthropy.
Who can join The Junior League of South Bend?
The Junior League of South Bend, Inc. has a few simple criteria for membership eligibility:
- Meet financial commitments in regard to membership fees and annual dues.
- Membership in JLSB is open to all women who are at least 21 years of age as of June 1 prior to the start of their new member year.
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and commitment to improving our community.
- Desire to develop your potential for voluntary community service.
- Residents of the South Bend area, or within a distance to fulfill volunteer service requirements.
What can I expect in my first year of membership?
The first year of JLSB Membership is called your New Member Year. As a New Member, you will complete a comprehensive training series that allows you to learn about League structure, programs and history, as well as experience some of the community programs first-hand.
The New Member year of training begins in August. Upon completion of the New Member year, you will become an active member of the Junior League of South Bend.
What are my requirements for membership?
There are both time and monetary commitments involved with your League membership. See below for more details:
Time Commitment for the New Member year
- Attend at least four New Member meetings.
- Attend at least five of the seven General Membership Meetings
- Complete at least two shifts for the New Member project
- Complete at least 2 shifts of required volunteer service
- Attend Annual Training
- Volunteer for at least two shifts for Done-In-A-Day or that year’s project.
Monetary commitment for the New Member year
- Annual dues of $100.00
- New Member fee of $30 (one-time fee New Member course fee)
- Purchase one Holiday Ball dance ticket or ticket to another fundraiser or work a three-hour set-up shift for Holiday Ball.
How to Join the Junior League of South Bend
Prospective members are invited to attend a casual informational session, typically held during the spring and summer months. The sessions provide information about the JLSB Mission, work in the community and the responsibilities of membership. Sign up to attend an informational session!
To become a member, please complete the membership enrollment form by August 31.