What does it mean to transfer my membership in Junior League?
One of the benefits of your Junior League membership is that your membership has transferability. The Junior League of South Bend is one of over 200 Leagues, with over 150,000 members in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) unites all Junior Leagues.
How do I transfer my membership to the Junior League of South Bend?
We accept transfers throughout the League year. The steps for transferring your membership are listed below:
- Notify your current League that you would like to transfer your membership to the Junior League of South Bend. Be certain that all contact information is correct
- Transfer requests are processed through The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) online system. You will receive an email confirmation from AJLI that your transfer has been processed
- The Junior League of South Bend will contact you, notifying you of any dues that you might owe and the transfer fee of $25. We follow the AJLI dues procedure for transferring members, which may be found here
- The Membership Vice President of JLSB will then contact you to let you know about transfer activities, requirements and placement opportunities, and to welcome you to The Junior League of South Bend, Inc.
How do I transfer my membership from The Junior League of South Bend, Inc. to another League?
The steps for transferring your membership to another Junior League from South Bend are listed here:
- Send a written request (either email, or USPS) to the Membership VP and Corresponding Secretary. Please be certain that all of your contact information is correct.
- The JLSB Corresponding Secretary will then notify you, the receiving Junior League and the AJLI of your intentions to transfer your membership.
- Your new League will send you a letter, or email confirming the transfer. Each League is different. The new League may charge a transfer fee and depending on the time of year, you might be required to pay additional dues. You can check the JLSB Bylaws for transferring members, which may be found